Saturday, October 9, 2010

Beer at the Grocery Store

For fear of this blog being re-titled “Swimming with Weir,” which does not rhyme, I am posting about beer. I went to the supermarket today and, among other groceries, picked up some individual beer bottles to try out different types.

Stella Artois is a good example because it is widely available in other countries. A Stella cost me all of 0.4 Euros (about 56 Canadian cents). I also had to pay a bottle deposit of 0.1 Euros, but as with all Belgian merchandise, the sales tax was included in the sticker price.

1 comment:

  1. You certainly are becoming an object of jealousy for myself. You have a great job in a great location surrounded by all that world-class beer, chocolate, and cheese! Please E-mail me because there are a few questions I want to ask!

    Chris Pepin, Regina, SK (chripe_77@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete